I’ve been thinking a lot about how in order to see ourselves reflected as queer people, we often engage in the practice of queering our cultura, particularly though the queering of iconic images.
The problem is that through this method we often only exist once we queer something. I want to believe that we have always existed and to celebrate that I began a series of “Jotería Cards” that do not replace existing once but instead continue where the original series left off. These cards focus on queer Latin@s who are important to our community and our hirstories.
I will be adding more as time goes by, so if you could post this link, I would be ever thankful.
- hustlingfortime likes this
- aminaross likes this
- how-it-feels-to-be-colored-me reblogged this from navigatethestream
- sublimeboy likes this
- navigatethestream reblogged this from joteria
- kararikue likes this
- queeraztlan reblogged this from joteria
- xpinchemalinchex reblogged this from fyqueerlatinxs
- brujacore likes this
- tobeaparagraph likes this
- fyqueerlatinxs reblogged this from joteria
- huitzilihuitl likes this
- whereismimente likes this
- weasleyowl reblogged this from joteria
- olitadealtamar likes this
- queeraztlan likes this
- conquersfromwithin likes this
- revolucion-en-la-cama likes this
- nuestrahermana likes this
- kararikue submitted this to joteria