I’ve been thinking a lot about how in order to see ourselves reflected as queer people, we often engage in the practice of queering our cultura, particularly though the queering of iconic images.
The problem is that through this method we often only exist once we queer something. I want to believe that we have always existed and to celebrate that I began a series of “Jotería Cards” that do not replace existing once but instead continue where the original series left off. These cards focus on queer Latin@s who are important to our community and our hirstories.
I will be adding more as time goes by, so if you could post this link, I would be ever thankful.
- hustlingfortime likes this
- how-it-feels-to-be-colored-me reblogged this from navigatethestream
- eternamenteputo likes this
- navigatethestream reblogged this from joteria
- kararikue likes this
- whoisdangerwoman reblogged this from joteria
- brujacore likes this
- tobeaparagraph likes this
- fyqueerlatinxs reblogged this from joteria
- verdelapiel likes this
- whereismimente likes this
- cordialpotions reblogged this from joteria
- dandelionn-rootz reblogged this from joteria
- sharptonguedmuxerontheloose likes this
- whoisdangerwoman likes this
- conquersfromwithin likes this
- revolucion-en-la-cama likes this
- aguacatera likes this
- kararikue submitted this to joteria